Muscat International Book Fair
- 26 February 2013
The ECSSR participated in the 18th session of the Muscat International Book Fair from February 26 to March 8, 2013 at Oman International Exhibition Center in Muscat, Sultanate of Oman.
The ECSSR showcased a select range of its Arabic and English publications. These included both original and translated books written by internationally reputed scholars and experts in the fields of energy, international relations, security, and education. Among the ECSSR’s recent releases in Arabic and English, displayed at the exhibition, was Essentials of School Education in the United Arab Emirates, which seeks to examine factors currently affecting the UAE's educational process in order to achieve national goals in pedagogical development. Emphasizing the need to keep pace with international advancement, this volume of expert opinion offered ideas and solutions to current obstacles identified in the school education system in order to allow the UAE to capitalize on its large youth demographic. Another ECSSR publication showcased at the exhibition was Global Strategic Developments: A Futuristic Vision, which explores a variety of topics including: the future of the global system and its international powers and organizations; military developments and strategic alliances; future threats to national security; potential developments in the international economy; the effects of the financial and economic crisis; and the future of the global monetary system.
Other ECSSR publications included a range of scholarly, refereed studies in Arabic and English analyzing various strategic, political, economic, and social issues relevant to the United Arab Emirates and the GCC, as well as the broader Arab world and beyond. These publications attract widespread interest from readers, intellectuals and professional researchers worldwide and command a large domestic, pan-Arab and global readership.
The ECSSR has been participating and exhibiting its collection of Arabic and English publications through its agents in the Sultanate of Oman in the following previous sessions of the Book Fair:
– 16th Muscat International Book Fair (22 February-4 March 2011)
– 15th Muscat International Book Fair (23 February-5 March 2010)
– 14th Muscat International Book Fair (24 February-6 March 2009).
– 12th Muscat International Book Fair (27 February-9 March 2007).
– 11th Muscat International Book Fair (28 February-10 March 2006).
– 10th Muscat International Book Fair (22 February-4 March 2005).
– 9th Muscat International Book Fair (24 February-5 March 2004).
– 8th Muscat International Book Fair (26 February-7 March 2003).
– 7th Muscat International Book Fair (26 March-4 April 2002).
– 6th Muscat International Book Fair (21 February-2 March 2001).
– 5th Muscat International Book Fair (1-10 March 2000).
– 4th Muscat International Book Fair (15-28 February 1999).
– 3rd Muscat International Book Fair (14-28 August 1998).
– 2nd Muscat International Book Fair (15-29 March 1997.